This time around, i wanna promo a new movie to dear readers.... its not a new movie actually but it will be shown in msia this coming june....Ayat-ayat Cinta or The Verses of Love is an indonesian movie, which has been shot in indonesia n india....it is actually an adaptation from a novel by best seller Habiburrahman El Shirazy.....the stars involved in this movie are Fedi Nuril, Carissa Putri, Melanie Putria, Zaskia Adya Mecca, Rianti Cartwright......
- Ayat Ayat Cinta is a beautifully portrayed Islamic love story – a tale of a virtuous Muslim protagonist who overcomes all obstacles of life maintaining pure ideals.
- Fedi Nuril as Fahri bin Abdillah is a poor, intelligent student who wins a scholarship to complete his graduate degree at Egypt's esteemed Al-Azhar University. Very disciplined and dedicated by nature, Fahri embraces his life in Cairo, completing his studies and translation of religious books with full enthusiasm, exactly according to pre-determined targets. Only one goal is left unattempted: the pursuit of marriage.
- For Fahri is innocent and pure, and doesn't believe in the concept of relationships prior to marriage. He is inarticulate and shy around women. All his life, only two women have been close to him – his mother and grandmother. Life changes drastically in Egypt for he suddenly finds himself surrounded by four beautiful, distinctly different women.
- Carissa Putri as Maria Girgis, a shy, open-minded Coptic-Christian neighbour who is attracted to the teachings of the Holy Quran, finds herself falling in love with Fahri (a fact she only reveals to her diary).
- Melanie Putria as Nurul binti Ja'far Abdur Razaq, a student at Al Azhar like Fahri, is the Muslim daughter of a renowned Indonesian cleric. Fahri feels unworthy of her and thus ignores his feelings for her, leaving her confused and guessing.
- Zaskia Adya Mecca as Noura Bahadur, an abused Egyptian neighbor, develops strong romantic feelings for Fahri, who in turn simply sympathizes with her situation. His romantic rejection destroys her and eventually leads to a false accusation of rape.
- Rianti Cartwright as Aisha, a German Turkish student in Cairo haunts Fahri with her beautiful eyes. Following an incident on the metro where Fahri defends her against narrow minded bigoted Muslims, both immediately develop feelings for each other.
- As the story unravels, the protagonist makes the audience face the daunting decisions he himself faces, and forces us to marvel at his undying loyalty to the true ideals of Islam as he ultimately makes the choice of a lifetime. (taken from ayatayatcintathemovie.com)
what have i thought upon watching the movie....the feelings cant be described...i jt feel proud to be as who i am....i duno y but i really like the movie...i intend to watch the movie at cinema, in june later...this morning, i saw the 'not-so-original' dvd of this movie sold at the shop...it increases my love towards this movie.....it is a not-too-much-script type but the movie has a strong plot.....i really suggest everyone to spend sum of ur time to watch this movie....think of how beautiful life is...think how grateful u r as a Muslim....this movie will teach us a lot....trust me!!!!u will experience some kind of emotion when u wtach it....maybe u'll get bored for the first few minutes, but then u'll enjoy it after quite a while...try to download it n watch it ya!!!!think of it....my fav character would be FAHRI, MARIA and AISHA...y????u hv to watch to know y.....AYAT-AYAT CINTA.........